Mind and Emotions as “Roots of Disease” with Dr. Hamid Montakab - NEU ONLINE
Zeit / Ort
Über dieses Seminar
Health is not only a state of physical or physiological balance but also and maybe even primarily a state of psychological and emotional well being.
The originality of the Chinese medical model is to consider the human being as a complete "unit" with no separation between the mind and the body. This implies that our thoughts and emotions are reflections of our energetic and organic physiological functions and vice versa.
Furthermore as the human being is an integral part of the world in which he or she evolves. The psychological profile of each individual depends not only on the constitutional genetic inheritance but even more importantly on the impact of the environment. Our overall health is more often the result of our "Belief systems"; what we consider as reality, truth or fact has a deep impact on how we perceive the world and respond to it.
In this two-day workshop we will explore:
- The Chinese concepts of the "Five Spirits", Shen, Yi, Zhi, Hun and Po, (energetic perspective and modern psychoanalytic models); the conscious and the unconscious;
- The energetic impact of emotions
- The "Belief systems" and how they are formed
- Constitutional energies: Yuan, Jing and Zong; the importance of the environment
- Acupuncture strategies for clearing and releasing retained traumas and shocks
- Introduction to the role of the Primary, Secondary and Extraordinary channels in the stages of psychological development, the body armouring and the retained emotions
- The two most common complaints: Stress and Depression
- The significance and importance of "Cultivation of the mind"
Day / Time: Sa., 9:00–17:00
Hours: 14 h
About Hamid Montakab
Hamid David Montakab M.D. graduated from Medical School of Paris, did his residency in surgery and completed a 3-year education in acupuncture. Later spending 4 months in clinical training in China, followed by 2 years in exploring the local healing in the Philippines and India. He practiced for 5 years in America after obtaining the NCCA certification and a degree in Chinese Herbalism. In 1986 he founded Chiway Academy in Switzerland. Dr. Montakab was commissioned by the Swiss National Fond to conduct a scientific research study on Acupuncture and Insomnia. In 1995 he was the co-founder and president of the Swiss Professional Organization for TCM (SBO-TCM).