AUSGEBUCHT - Management of Grief and Post Traumatic Stress with Hamid Montakab
Zeit / Ort
Über dieses Seminar
The effects of the emotions on health are well known in Classical Chinese medicine.
In the modern world, the most pernicious emotions are Sadness and Grief. These could result not only from loss through death, but also from separation, loss of a job or a position, material loss, disease or aging.
The Lung is the main organ affected by these emotions that disrupt its management of the circulation of nourishing and defensive energies.
Retained Sadness and Grief will have two important consequences:
- Blocking the chest and the expansive movement of the Heart, resulting in a depressed “Shen-Spirit” with a loss of “Joy” and “Passion for life”.
- Impacting on the “Po-Corporeal soul” with a diminished instinct of “Self-preservation”
In this workshop we will explore:
• The causes of sadness and grief
• The Lung’s function as State Minister in charge of the exchange with the outer world and circulation of Wei and Ying Qi
• Pathological consequences of Sadness
• Therapeutic strategies to help release Sadness and let go of Grief
• Restoring the functions of Shen and Po with acupuncture
Day / Time: Sa., 9:00–17:00
Hours: 7 h
About Hamid Montakab
Hamid David Montakab M.D. graduated from Medical School of Paris, did his residency in surgery and completed a 3-year education in acupuncture. Later spending 4 months in clinical training in China, followed by 2 years in exploring the local healing in the Philippines and India. He practiced for 5 years in America after obtaining the NCCA certification and a degree in Chinese Herbalism. In 1986 he founded Chiway Academy in Switzerland. Dr. Montakab was commissioned by the Swiss National Fond to conduct a scientific research study on Acupuncture and Insomnia. In 1995 he was the co-founder and president of the Swiss Professional Organization for TCM (SBO-TCM).