Acupuncture Sports Medicine Treatment of the Upper Extremities with Whitfield Reaves (1)
Zeit / Ort
Über dieses Seminar
The integration of Chinese acupuncture practices with anatomy, Western orthopedics, and sports medicine of the upper extremities. Each participant will have increased skills and con dence in the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of many common injuries, pain syndromes, and musculoskeletal conditions seen in the acupuncture clinic.
Each core unit of instruction on injury or pain syndromes will consist of:
- Demonstration by instructor
- Supervised practice of palpation, orthopedic testing, and point location
- Supervised practice of needle technique
Upon completion of this course, participants will...
- know the signs and symptoms of ten common injury and pain syndromes of the upper extremities
- know the anatomy involved in seven common injury and pain syndromes of the upper extremities
- be able to perform palpation of acupuncture points local and adjacent to the injured site of the upper extremities
- be able to perform manual muscle testing for five common injury and pain syndromes of the upper extremities
- be able to locate and needle five trigger points in common muscles of the upper extremities
- be able to locate and needle five motor points in common muscles of the upper extremities
- be able to perform five common orthopedic tests for injuries of the upper extremities
Day / Time: Fr..–So., 9:00–17:00
Hours: 21 h
About Whitfield Reaves
Whitfield Reaves, OMD, LAc is one of the leading practitioners in the field of acupuncture sports medicine. He first began clinical practice in 1981, and has specialized for over 30 years in the field of orthopedics and sports acupuncture.